Video coming soon!
In this guide, we'll be showing you the different ways you can export your SOAP notes!
From the export notes page
To navigate to the Export Notes page, click the Export Notes link in the navbar, as shown below.
On this page, you'll notice some things.
- (1) New Notes section. This section is where notes you haven't exported yet will be.
- (2) Previously Exported section. This section is where notes you have already exported will be.
- (3) Export All button. Clicking this will export all your new notes into one .zip file.
- (4) Mark note as exported. Clicking this will manually mark the note as exported and move it to the previously exported section.
- (5) Note download. Clicking this will export the note as a PDF and then move the note to the previously exported section.
- (6) Note email. Clicking this will prompt you to email the note to an assistant's email or other email address. The note will then be moved to the previously exported section.
- (7) Copy text button. Clicking this will automatically copy the text in the selected section, which you can then paste wherever you wish.
Once a note has been exported, it will be relocated to the previously exported section. You may also export all the notes in this section.
It may take a while to export all of your notes at once, especially if there are a large number of them!
From the patient notebook
If you already have a patient with completed notes, you can export their notes from their patient notebook.
- (1) Export All button. Clicking this will export all of this patient's notes into one .zip file.
- (2) Note download. Clicking this will export the note as a PDF.
- (3) Note email. Clicking this will prompt you to email the note to an assistant's email or other email address.
After exporting a note as an email, depending on your settings, you will either recieve one of the two email types:
If it is a link-based email, clicking the link in the email will open a webpage with the SOAP note, like so:
From here you or the recipient can copy/paste the fields into an EMR, or download the note as a PDF.
Changing export settings
From the account menu, you can change several email exporting settings such as the auto email export address, email export default type, or the link expiry time.
(1) Auto Exporting Email
Scribenote Basic can automatically export your notes to a given email address. This feature works great for assistants, as they can access the notes that are sent to them without needing access to your Scribenote account.
Enter the email you would like your notes to be automatically sent to. Click Save. You will be able to change this email address at any time.
Now, when you complete a note by submitting it, it will automatically be sent to this email address.
(2) Note Link Expiry Time
If you're exporting SOAPs as email links, you can set the amount of time in which that link will expire. The default is 1 day, but you can also set this to 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, or up to 1 month.